Schedule a Call
Talk to an Oil & Gas Resume Expert
Oil & Gas Resume Writer
The average job seeker seems to think that their resume should tell the hiring manager what they do on a daily basis when at work. So they sit down and start writing out each task that they perform and assume the hiring manager will read each point and understand the skills they have to offer. The average job seeker is very mistaken. Your resume should not focus on the daily tasks you perform. It also shouldn’t focus on your overall job description. Your resume should be a comprehensive summary of your value-added contributions and achievements from each role in your career history. It needs to convey to the hiring manager that you will not only fulfill the duties of the role, but make an overall positive impact on the company. However, most job seekers have trouble being that confident in a resume. Most job seekers don’t realize how impressive their career history really is, and don’t include the type of information that will actually land them an interview. This is why many job seekers turn to professional resume writers to handle this job for them.
6 Ways a Professional Resume Writer Can Help You Get Hired
- A professional resume writer will conduct an interview with you to prompt you with questions in order to understand your career history. They do not rely on you to provide them with the necessary information, because they know that you don’t know what should or should not be included on your resume.
- The writer also helps you identify achievements in your past roles. Many job seekers think achievements relate to awards they received; however, achievements can be anything from process improvements to challenges you overcame.
- Resume writers are trained to create professional resume design formats that will boost the appeal of your resume in a hiring manager’s eyes. They will create a resume that won’t look like every other resume the hiring manager receives.
- Resume trends change on an annual basis and resume writers make sure they are aware of the new industry trends and what hiring managers and recruiters do and do not like when sifting through a pile of candidates.
- Resume formats come in more forms than just functional and chronological. Most job seekers don’t know about the other ways they can organize the information on their resume. There are dozens of variations, and a professional resume writer can pick the one that highlights your career achievements in the best possible way.
- A resume writer can answer all of your questions and concerns. In the job search world, there are many conflicting opinions about what a resume should look like, what information to include, what format to send your resume in, and etc. A resume writer can listen to each of your concerns, can review the feedback you’ve received from others, and offer their professional recommendation on what is best for you and your job search.