Top 5 unique resume styles that will get you noticed
How come no matter how hard you try to come up with a unique and attention-grabbing resume, you just make it to the job interview stage? Time and again, it has been emphasized that a resume should use the industry standards to keep it professional. However, if you’ve already tried every trick in the book and you’re still not getting any phone calls for an interview, there must be something you can do to get the attention of prospective employers.
Sometimes, if you really want to come up with an impressive resume, all you have to do is use unique resume styles. Although it is an unconventional way of attracting hiring managers and prospective employers, you’ll be sure that your resume will really get the attention you’ve been craving for.
If you’ve been on the lookout for unique resume writing styles you can utilize in your job applications, here are the top five most unique resume styles that’ll surely turn heads:
1. Facebook resume – In keeping up with the social networking boom, a multimedia producer thought of making a Facebook-based resume. The way the data was presented is the same as that on a Facebook profile page. Plus, there’s also a primary photo included in the resume. There’s a section where previous individuals who have used this layout included feedbacks and testimonials to serve as references. Although this is a definite head-turner, not all careers are compatible with this kind of resume. Before you copy this resume style, be sure that your profession fits with the style.
2. 3D resume – To add some spice to the usual one-dimensional boring resume, an applicant came up with a 3D resume. Add in the colored paper used for the creation of the resume and you’ll surely have a document that demands attention. Although this type of resume can be folded, I do hope that the hiring manager won’t have any difficulty figuring out how to form your resume.
3. Fabric resume – Talk about diligence and dedication and you’ll surely have your patience tried with this resume. Hard work and perseverance are really needed if you want to make an unforgettable impression with the use of fabrics in your resume. Aside from displaying creativity, this applicant’s passion in life is sewing so it is far easier for him or her to make this type of resume. In case you want to do something else, think of something that you’re good at or what you like to do during your free time and use it to really show your creativity.
4. Booklet-type resume – This 8-page long resume template will surely get the attention of the employer. With each section of the resume allocated to a single page, the employer will have a clear perspective on your qualifications for the position. Since this resume design is a premade template and you can just drag and drop texts and images, be sure that you won’t have ample information to put on the pages.
5. Biography-style resume – This resume style is patterned after a biography where the designer, aside from using several images with a unique background, also included an “About me” section at the end part of the resume. He also cited informal learning sources, which include Google and IRC.
There are a lot more unique resume styles available on the Internet, including the newest version, About.me. However, one must remember that not all executive resume designs fit your career industry and the image you want to convey to the employer. Most graphic designers and other professions that deal with creativity get away with these resume types so make sure you think your options through before you personally use it. Most of all, always keep in mind that although these resume designs will really turn heads, it is the content of your resume that will eventually give you the phone call you’ve been waiting for.